Wednesday 8 January 2014

Second Draft for Magazine Article


This is my second draft for my double page spread article. I have changed a few things, first things being the image, in my first draft the image is all in black and white, however, in my second draft I have used pixlr editor to make the background (brick wall) black and white but the model just the same and not in black and white. The use of this was to make the model/artist (Paige Althorpe) to stand out more as she contrasts with the plain wall. Taking into consideration the feedback from my questionnaire I created on my first draft for my article, they asked for a bti more colour to liven it up. Other than the image giving it more colour, I have also used the colour red, the colour red connotes many different feelings such as danger and love, however, it is also a very informing and alerting colour which catches the readers eye. The things I kept the same were the masthead and page number at the bottom left hand corner. The font for the masthead and page number is the same font used on my front cover and contents page also. Overall, the font helps keep a consistency throughout the magazine as the house style is very important to keep the magazine look professional that also engages the target audience.

Questionnaire:

I created a questionnaire to ask my target audience what they think of if, the feedback I will get back I will take into consideration and let it help me improve on my final draft. The two questions I asked were; what do you like about it? and what would you improve/change?


Ellie:

1. What do you like about it? I like the use of the red because it draws attention to the quote from the article and that quote is really intriguing.

2. What would you change/improve? I would make the text for the actual article neater as the second column looks bigger that the first which prevents it looking professional. 


Paige:

1. What do you like about it? I like the layout of the article and how the image is on one side and then the text on the other.

2. What would you improve/change? I would make the quote smaller as it might gain more attention than the title, and the title is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment