Thursday 2 January 2014

RECCE

I decided to take my photos indoors and outdoors. I researched on google where good places would be to take photos for a indie rock music magazine and I did not get much grief, so decided keep it simple and unique. Most photos of models or celebrities in magazines are taken in a studio with the same plain white wall. I decided to be different and try the outdoors to make it different which matched the independent music genre; indie rock, so therefore, felt that it my destination fitted very well with my genre.



The first place I decided to try was outside in front of a white brick wall. This white brick conveys a very calm atmosphere which is good for my target audience because I don't want the image to take away the interest in what else is written on the page. The white colour is also very good as it will benefit my magazine front cover by allowing me to have the text in a contrasting colour, for example  red, pink, or any bright colour as this will catch the readers eye. The white brick wall was easy to take photos in front of as there was lots of room. I feel that this place/background could be used for my contents page. 





This is my second place where I chose to take photos of the model. This is similar to the first place as it is a brown brick wall which I felt looked very indie rock and fitted in well. Unlike the first place, this brown wall added colour and a bit more life into the photo, therefore, drawing more attention to the image which will benefit my magazine a lot. On the other hand, with the text on top of the brick wall it might look too messy and unprofessional, however, I will experiment with this later on. On the down side, this photo was down a alley, preventing me to take photos straight on like in the previous photo against the white brick wall. 









Overall, these are the two locations I decided that are conventional for my genre of music, for instance, it is very unique and unlike most white background photos. On the other hand it will will also help my magazine look very professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment