Sunday 5 January 2014

Final Draft For Front Cover

This is my final draft for my front cover. Not much has changed from my second draft as I feel that I have produced the best possible magazine front cover I can now. I have listened to my target audience and have included what they asked for, for instance, more images and the use of colour on specific text. Firstly, the parts I have changed are the positioning of the sticker, before hand it was quite low down which revealed a lot of free, blank space under the masthead, this in which made it look slightly plain and boring. However, after listening to my target audience I have moved it up slightly to cover that blank space so it now looks more professional. Secondly, the other part my target audience complained about was the text above the masthead. Before the text was in a big, hot pink font, my target audience said that the big, pink font almost taken away the attention given to the masthead. To solve this problem I have used a blue font as it is a much calmer colour unlike hot pink. I also have adjusted the size a little to make it smaller to prevent this problem from happening again. The reason why I chose a blue colour is because it connotes very calm things such as the sky, and the sea, however, this is very ironic since some indie rock songs are opposite to this calm feeling for example the song Somebody Told Me by The Killers. I have also kept the use of the red font the same as it was in my previous magazine front cover draft. This is because the questionnaire I made for my target audience gave positive feedback back regarding the red font and how it is very alerting and eye catching, so therefore, I kept it the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment