Sunday 5 January 2014

Questionnaire

I have created a questionnaire to ask 2 people from my target audience both different ages what they would like to see on my music magazine. By doing this It will help me create the best possible music magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread that will fulfil my target audiences needs.


Nathalie Wright:

1. Would you like to see a lot of significant information filling the front cover or would it help if it was more relaxed and not so much in-your-face? Obviously the magazine front cover should have lots of eye catching and interesting information on the front cover, however I don't think you should fill a lot of the space as that might make it hard for people to read and be engaged. 

2. What sort of information would you like to see on the front cover (images, awareness about concerts and gigs...) On the front cover I definitely think you should include other images, perhaps one or two as this will give the us an idea of what to expect within the magazine. Also giving us awareness about free posters and tour dates inside are very engaging. 

3. Other than white and black, what colours would you want to see on the front cover, contents page and double page spread article to feel more alerted about the information? I personally think that red is a good choice as it will contrast well with the white and black and is a very alerting, powerful colour that connotes many different feelings such as love and danger. 

4. Overall, what are they key things that draw your attention to significant information? The colour and the size of the text is very important, also images really draw my attention to that specific section. 


Leanne Payne:

1. Would you like to see a lot of significant information filling the front cover or would it help if it was more relaxed and not so much in-your-face? I think for your music genre, indie rock, it would help if it want too busy but had enough interesting information on it to prevent it being and looking boring. 

2. What sort of information would you like to see on the front cover (images, awareness about concerts and gigs...) On the front cover I would like to see sections alerting the reader about competitions about winning tickets and interesting snippets about popular celebrities like Lana Del Ray.

3. Other than white and black, what colours would you want to see on the front cover, contents page and double page spread article to feel more alerted about the information? Again, I think red and pinks are very popular colours used on magazines, but avoiding this repetition you could perhaps try a bright blue, as blue is a very calm and relaxing colour, or maybe combine the two colours...

4. Overall, what are they key things that draw your attention to significant information? Images really help me feel engaged, if I see a photo of something or someone interesting I will end up reading about it which would benefit you a lot.


I asked 2 people from my target audience this simple questionnaire to get an idea of what to include on on front cover, contents page and double page spread article that will fulfil my target audiences needs. Both answers came back very similar so I felt that I have got all the information I need to satisfy my target audience and try and include everything that they requested to produce the best possible magazine front cover, contents and double page spread for my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment