Saturday 4 January 2014

Pixlr

For my prelim task I used pixlr an online editing website. Pixlr is free of charge and very easy to use hence the reason why I use to it. And example of something I edited on pixlr is my attempt of a indie 
rock music magazine. I had taken the original image of Lana Del Ray from the internet, but the rest I edited on pixlr. Like I said pixlr is so easy to use and includes so many different editing tools such as airbrush, doodle, crop, healing spots and many more. It also allows me to add other images onto the existing image which benefited me a lot since I was producing a music magazine. By adding text on to the image was so clear and simple to do, you can easily change the size, colour and choose a font out of hundreds of different fonts. However, I kept my fonts very simple to keep the consistency of individuality throughout the magazine as this is what connects best with my music genre. The red sticker I also have on my magazine on the right was not made very easily but on the bright side looks effective. I made this sticker by simply adding a giant red dot on the page by using the doodle tool, then put text inside the sticker, this then helped my magazine draw more attention to that significant text.
I will continue to use pixlr for the drafts of my front cover, contents page and double page spread article for my music magazine as I feel that I and the magazine will benefit from using it, helping it become much easier quicker for me to use and get it done as I know what i'm doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment