Sunday 5 January 2014

Second Draft For Contents Page

This is my second draft for my contents page and again like my front cover I feel that I have massively improved. Firstly, I have changed the masthead by adding a red background. The red background attracts the reader as the colour red is very alerting and eye catching, hence why my colour scheme is black, white and red. I have also included the letter 'ir' next to the masthead. 'ir' is written in a big, black, bold font and also stands for indie rock which is the masthead of the magazine, this is here simply to remind the reader what genre the magazine is and what magazine they are reading to hopefully then help them remember it for the future. Secondly, I have taken my target audiences advice and decided to have the image separated from the rest of the text. This is so we know that the image goes with the caption 'find out how paige made it to the top 10 so quickly! find out her secret'. The use of the image is to engage the reader, whereas, if it was just the caption with no image it would look boring and the reader are bound to just turn over the page and not read it. Lastly, The numbers of the pages are in a big font which is the same font as the masthead on both the front cover and the contents page, this is to keep a consistency throughout. 


Questionnaire:

I created a questionnaire to get feedback from my target audience that would help me improve and/or change something on my contents page to produce the best possible magazine contents page for my target market. To do this I will also try and include everything they want for example, the use of different, bright colours and images. I asked three people from my target audience two questions; what do you like about it? and what would you change/improve?


Nathalie:

1. What do you like about it? I like how you have used red lines to separate different sections, now it is easier to see what text the image goes with.

2. What would you change/improve? It still looks a bit plain, maybe add more information on it and more images.


Leanne:


1. What do you like about it? I like how you have put a thick red box at the top with the title written in it, this really helps it to stand out and engage whoever is reading it.

2. What would you change/improve? I would also add more text to make it look more busier. 


Michael:


1. What do you like about it? I like the use of the black, white and red as it links with your front cover, this also helps you keep a consistency throughout.

2. What would you change/improve? I would add more images, as seen in other music magazines on the contents page they have more than one photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment