Wednesday 8 January 2014

Final Draft For Contents Page

This is my final draft for my contents page and I feel that I have produced the best possible contents page suited for my target audience. Firstly, I have kept the masthead the same with the same font to keep it consistent throughout the magazine. However, I have changed the word "contents" to lower case as I feel now it connotes a very calm and relaxed atmosphere, whereas before it was very in your face and suited a more heavy metal, rock music genre and not indie rock. Secondly, I have reposition the images. The main images match with the two features on the right hand side, to make this clear I have used big, bold page numbers that contrast with the background. I have also overlapped the images to make it look more casual and independent instead of the bog standard list of images and text down each side of the page. I have also separated the contents page into two sections; 'features' and 'regulars'. The features contains articles such as the charts and interviews with celebrities... and the regulars include simple things every other music magazine may consist of; quizzes, fashion pages... etc. Lastly, like my front cover, I have used the colour scheme of white, black and red. I chose the red as I feel that it is a very alerting colour that draws the readers attention, However, I also chose red because whilst carrying out my questionnaires, the feedback I have gotten back from my target audience have made it clear that they wanted red for the same reasons I wanted to choose it. On the other hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment