Thursday 10 October 2013

School Magazine Front Cover




This was the original photo that I took before I edited it. It's a mid shot of a year 9 student taken outside the main entrance of the school. The photo is also taken next to the school's new system where members of the staff and students swipe their card to easily and quickly sign in and out of school. One of the main bits of information I was going to include in the magazine as well as a short snippet of it on the front cover is the 'new school improvements'. So, therefore, this mid shot would be a good choice for my front cover.










This is the photo after I edited it. As you can see, I coloured in the background white to make it look more plain yet professional. I also put the masthead at the top in a big, serif font to make it look more sophisticated and to make it the first thing the reader looks at because it stands out the most. I also added shorts snippets of the 'New School Improvements' and 'exam results' to catch the readers eye and to make them want to read more about it. I have also stuck to the school colour theme; red, white and black, this make the front cover look more professional and it makes the information stand out in some cases, for example, the red and black fonts stand out on the white background and makes it easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment