Saturday 30 November 2013

Fonts


I have been looking at different fonts for my magazine front cover. I want my music magazine front cover to look very vintage and retro, and I think these fonts will make my front cover stand. I need a font that is eye catching but not too much to take away the focus off the other features which also appear on the front cover. After some consideration, I have chosen the 'limelight' font as it is very plain yet does not create a distraction from the rest of the features on the front cover. 

The name of my music magazine is going to be 'Indie Rock', simple but effective as it clearly shows and tells the reader straight away the genre of my music magazine. Out of the twelve fonts I narrowed it down to, I wanted to see what they would look like at the masthead of my magazine, so I wrote 'Indie Rock' in all of the twelve different fonts to then decide which one looked more effective.


After further looking at the different fonts, I decided that the big, bold fonts such as the 'Lemiesz' and 'Troglodyte Nf' fonts, come across too gothy and in your face. Also that it would take the focus off the main image and other features on the magazine front cover. 

Keeping in mind that I want my magazine to look vintage and retro I decided that the 'Limelight' font did this for me. It is very plain and simple but it also catches the readers eye.On the other hand, it will stand out and it also won't take the focus off the other features. I wish to have the main image to overlap the masthead slightly to then draw attention to the main image and then further snippets of information on the front cover, this would be to then make the viewer want to buy it and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment